Sunday, January 8, 2012

Menu Plans for the Week






Well, we started off our first week of the year doing well at sticking to our menu plan. I did alter a few days but I must say I was impressed with our determination. Usually, we start off well but succumb to the desire to just eat out either because I'm too tired to cook or I wasn't prepared to cook what was planned for that particular night.  So I'm linking up again with Laura over at I'm an organizing junkie. Hopefully we can keep this going because we really want to save, save, save and continue our debt snowball. 


As I went back to work this week, I realized that keeping our weekday meals simple is the key! My crock pot also helps to make dinner quick and easy. It feels good to come home and know that dinner is ready... that makes me one happy girl. So, this week I'll be cooking dinner with the help of my crock pot, again! 




Here's what we're having this week:


Monday-           Crock pot porkchops, cooked apples, and mashed potatoes


Tuesday-          left overs (I usually cook enough on Mon. to have it again the 
                       next night)


Wednesday-     Eating dinner at church this week!


Thursday-         Out- Date Night!!!


Friday-             Breakfast for dinner- Bacon, Eggs, and pancakes (hopefully I 
                       can convince my man to fix my fav- choc. chip) - Don't 
                       judge.... I know this is not too healthy.. heehee!


Saturday-          Copycat Cracker Barrel Chicken Tenders, Annie's
                       mac n cheese, steamed broccoli


Sunday-            Eating at church (mission team fundraiser)




Last week I tried a new crock pot recipe that we really enjoyed. The recipe is actually my aunts recipe that I have in a cookbook her church put together last summer... which I love because it also has several other family members recipes as well. It's nice to have so many of them in one place.


The recipe is simply called Crockpot Chicken Meal. It is so easy and delicious!


First, put four boneless, skinless chicken breasts in 1 cup of water. Then I sprinkled the chicken with salt, pepper, and an applewood seasoning. The original recipe calls for lemon pepper seasoning.






Then you take a package of corn niblets and wrap them in aluminum foil. The recipe also calls for4 whole potatoes wrapped but I chose to fix just corn.








Then place the corn/ potatoes on top of the chicken and cook on low for 5-6 hours.






Before we ate, I heated up some green beans and dinner is DONE!!

This is definitely a new favorite that I plan on using again soon... maybe even try out different seasonings.


Have  a blessed week!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment