Monday, January 23, 2012

Menu Plan Monday







Well, we completely fell off the menu plan wagon last week. I had a plan but many other things seemed to get in the way... laziness, forgot to thaw the meat, blah, blah!!


Anyway, hopefully this week will work out better. I plan to keep it simple and use my crock pot and an easy "go-to" recipe.


I'm linking up with I'm an organizing junkie for menu plan Monday.




Here's our menu plan for the week:


Monday-      chicken fried rice 


Tuesday-     leftovers


Wednesday-  Crock pot pizza, salad 
                  (this one is new for me)


Thursday-    leftovers


Friday-        out (date night)


Saturday-     Chili- for me!/ BBQ meatballs for my man


Sunday-       leftovers






So tonight I made this for dinner. It's super easy, quick and delicious. I actually found the fried rice recipe on a coupon insert and thought it would be good with chicken.









Heat 2tbsp. of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1.5lbs of cut up boneless, skinless chicken breast. After cooked through, remove chicken. Add another 2 tbsp. of oil. Add 2c. of minute rice, brown slightly for about 3min. Add two slightly beaten eggs, scramble until cooked thoroughly.


Add 1c. of chicken broth, frozen stir fry veggies, thawed, cooked chicken and 3tbsp. of soy sauce (I like 5-6 tbsp.). Bring to boil. Remove from heat and let stand 5 min. Enjoy!


It takes about 25 - 30min. total, including prep time!!


My husband and I don't really care for onions. So for the veggies, I actually used frozen peas and carrots and fresh broccoli and it turned out fine.
















         
          





1 comment:

  1. let me know how crock pot pizza turns out... sounds intriguing ;)

    ReplyDelete