Sunday, June 30, 2013

Let the FUN Begin

Well, my LONG awaited summer break has finally made its way here! I survived going back to work and now I’m going to soak up every minute with this little cutie this summer.
                        
       
Over the past month and a half, we’ve been very busy. Of course, the end of the school year is always busy for me. But, the month of May is always busy for us. This year I was excited to celebrate my first Mother’s Day. Trevor and Caleb gave me a locket. I love it! And, we were able to spend the day with my mom, dad, my brother and his family.  It was a GREAT day! 


Then the last Sunday of the month, we had Caleb’s baby dedication at church. It was a very sweet occasion. Both of our parents were able to attend and of course we had to take pictures afterward.
(yes, my eye is red… unfortunately, I had pink eye that weekend… L)






We also celebrated Trevor’s first Father’s Day. We ate lunch out and Caleb and I gave daddy a gift certificate to play golf and a book for daddy and Caleb to read together. We had a great day as a little family of three!

And, we had our first fun Friday. We took Caleb to the park for the first time. We put him in the swing and at first he hung on as if he wasn’t sure if he would like it or not. But, after a few minutes, he was giggling. After the park, we ate lunch out and then came home for an afternoon nap. It was nice just having a day together, no interruptions.



I’ve also been catching up on my scrapbook and a few projects around the house. Caleb and I also have gone to the library each week… I’m hoping to get him used to it early because his mommy LOVES the library and I hope he does too! When he turns two, I will definitely be taking him to story time each week in the summer! I don’t know what it is but the library is one of my favorite places. It’s possibly because I love books and I love to read…. and maybe because my mom always took me to the library. Somehow, each week I end up being there over an hour.

Anyway, summer doesn’t last forever so I’ve got plans… lots of plans. I probably have so many plans that it won’t all get accomplished but that’s okay. I’ll just do what I can and enjoy the journey.  Here are just some of the things on my list: visiting family, my cousin’s wedding, vacation, small projects around the house (deep cleaning each room, painting, etc), stocking the freezer (preparing for the fall), finish Caleb’s scrapbook, crocheting projects for Christmas, etc. Okay you get the point… a lot of stuff! But, I’m keeping it in perspective. My most important thing after spending time with the Lord, is spending a lot of time with my boy!

Speaking of my boy, he is growing like a weed! I can’t believe that he is eight months old, eight months old. Ok, sorry for the repetition. I just have to keep reminding myself of that fact. Every day it seems he’s looking more and more like a little toddler boy than a baby. His hair is growing more and he giggles at everything, unless he’s sleepy or hungry! He still loves his jumper and he cracks me up because he gets a serious face and jumps and jumps and jumps! His love of bath time has caused us to move him from the sink to the bathtub. He's still in his little tub but now he can splish- splash to his hearts content. He loves for mommy and daddy to hold his hands and let him walk… he’s still not crawling yet but he rocks back and forth on his hands and knees. He has started using a sippy cup at lunch and he's doing quite well with it. He loves to play peek- a- boo, play with all of his “light” up toys, and his musical toys. This past week, I really noticed him trying to “figure “out his toys. He has some stacking stars that light up and play music and he would pick up a star and look at it and then he would hit it against each of the other stars as if it should light up. So cute! Something else he enjoys is watching me blow dry my hair. In the mornings, I lay him on the bed while I fix my hair. When I get out my red blow dryer, he starts to giggle. Then he stays glued to it as I dry my hair. It cracks me up! Easy entertainment, right?! I just wonder what his little mind is thinking!






This week we’ll be celebrating Independence Day and then traveling this weekend to my parent’s house and to go to my cousin’s wedding. I’m looking forward to fun times!

Until next time... I leave you with this Bible verse.

        Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.   Philippians 2:3-4


Have a blessed week…..      Happy Independence Day!!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you guys are doing well! I LOVE hearing about your little boy and how he is growing!! I hope this summer goes slowly and wonderfully for you both! :) Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary Ann! I'm Heather and I was hoping you would be able to answer a question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete