Thursday, April 2, 2015

Write YOUR Story

Well, finally, it seems that spring has made its arrival here in VA. I'm so thankful for warmer temps and the ability to start making our way to play outside more. We were able to get to the park a couple of times this month as well as playing out in the yard. Yay for spring!!


The month of March has been quite busy. We enjoyed some much needed time with both grandparents.  




We celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday, St. Patrick's Day, and the first day of spring!! We also shopped for shoes... I was trying on shoes and when I looked up, this is what I found! :)




If ya can't tell, I like to celebrate..

We also attend story time at the library once a week and enjoyed some fun at their spring party. 



This month Caleb also had his first sickness of the winter, an ear infection. Thankfully, within 24 hours of getting the antibiotic, he was back to normal.  He's quite the active toddler these days! One of his favorite things to do is "run circles"! He's also a dance machine :).  Sometimes we have dance parties. Ok, actually, we have dance parties about every other day!! He will ask for music so he can dance. It's great exercise :).  His new word right now is "sure". Everything we ask, he will answer with "sure". He's still obsessed with cars, trucks, trains, tractors, basically anything with wheels. He also likes his books, blocks, and loves to paint and glue. His favorite food, which has been his fav for months now, is "ogurt". He would eat yogurt for every meal and be just happy! Thankfully, he is a healthy, happy little boy and I couldn't be more proud!

The month of March has also brought a lot of tragedy, sadness and death within the surrounding communities of where I live, as well as within my circle of people and connections I've made. Of course, this is not even including the death and tragedies going on around the world. I must say this has been challenging for me and has caused me to do a lot of thinking and praying. In certain instances, I've prayed and prayed that God would change the outcome for certain people. All to realize that God had different plans; plans that are hard to accept and understand. In most of these circumstances, life had been cut too short. Also,diagnosis' have been given at what seems too young of an age. Reality has hit me in the face this month. A reality that I've known but seem to ignore... no one is guaranteed tomorrow. 
I've been thinking so much this month on my life. Many questions have been flooding my mind... Am I doing what God has called me to? Am I living my days as if it could be my last? Do I love enough and give enough? Am I intentionally sharing my faith? I could go on but I won't. :)  As I've been praying and sharing my heart with God, I know this journey is His, not mine! I don't want to waste the time he's giving me on this earth on worthless things. So many verses have been coming to my mind lately. 

 Matthew 6:19-21, Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. 

Colossians 3:1, Since you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on earthly things.  

Through the situations this past month, I'm truly realizing how I am to live out God's purpose and  story in my life no matter what may come.  Most of my life as a Christian I have expressed a certain truth,  but honestly, I feel like I'm just now really getting it. It's the understanding that my life on earth is not my permanent home.  Although I thought I understood this idea, I find myself still living as if this is my forever home. I think I'm finally getting it. Boy, I'm sure glad God doesn't give up on me!! I'm finally getting what really matters. To love God with all my heart, to serve and worship him only. Therefore, it is my mission, my passion to seek out those who have not heard and to be intentionally going and sharing the saving message of Jesus Christ with everyone I come in contact.  Through sickness, trials and pain, I pray that I realize every situation is an opportunity. God's faithfulness and love does not change with our circumstances. Our circumstances become opportunities to share God's love with those you may have otherwise never met.

There's a song that reminds me to continue to allow God to use me, guide me, and to give him authorship of my journey. The song is called Write Your Story by Francesca Battistelli. The words to the chorus are:
                             I'm an empty page
                             I'm an open book
                             Write your story on my heart
                             Come on and make your mark
                             Author of my hope
                             Maker of the stars
                              Let me be your work of art
                             Won't you write your story on my heart

As my heart is heavy, I pray for these families who are being called to journey a difficult path. 

May we all let Christ write His story on our hearts.  Happy Easter!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment