Saturday, August 18, 2012

Busy Times

Over the past few weeks, we've had a lot of fun visiting family, traveling, and experiencing our first baby shower! 


While Trevor was gone on the mission trip, I traveled to stay with my parents. For the past two years, I've stayed with them for about three days while Trevor was gone, but this year I decided to stay the whole week. I figured this will be the last time I get to travel and stay with them by myself. This year I met up with them at a nearby state park and enjoyed shopping and eating at a craft fair. I bought this cute little homemade "pee pee tee pee", of which I couldn't pass up. Although I'm not sure if it will truly keep me dry during diaper changes, I thought it was too funny and cute to not buy. 

pee-pee tee-pee


Mom and I also bought fabric and started working on Caleb's wall hanging for his room. Every year, mom and I usually come up with a craft and cooking project to do together. This year Caleb kinda took all the focus. We didn't really cook, well, we did cook dinner together but we didn't try anything new. 

On Wednesday, my dad took a day off from work and we traveled to Mt. Airy, NC, to visit the Andy Griffith Museum and the places from the show. We had a lot of fun. Mt. Airy is such a neat little town. 



Barney's Cafe'

Opie's Candy Store
We enjoyed walking down main street and visiting the museum. There were so many cute shops on main street. I really enjoyed the day, although very hot!




An old-fashioned soda shop

Also over the past few weeks, Trevor and I celebrated our 12th  wedding anniversary! I can't believe it's been 12 years. It doesn't seem like it's been that long. I was looking at our scrapbooks and it's so cool to see all the fun times we've had, the different anniversary celebrations, and also the reminder of how God has brought us through so much. We celebrated our 12th by eating at Red Lobster, our favorite restaurant, and stopping by Red Box on the way home. It was a very relaxing celebration! I'm looking forward to many, many more years and celebrations to come.

Then, Trevor and I started our vacation by traveling to visit his family. We stopped in Madison and ate at the Pig and Steak. Yeah, I know the name does not do justice to this great bbq place. Actually, I had never been there, but for the 12 years we've been married and passed by this place, Trevor would always say how good it was and that he should take me sometime. Well, the sometime finally happened. The food was really good. I always think it's special when Trevor wants to share something from his "growing up" years with me, even if it took 12 years.... heehee. Then, that night, his parents sent us to a local Italian restaurant called Lucios for dinner for our anniversary. It was very nice and the food was delicious but I must say... I ate more on this day than I had for a very long time. 

The next day we celebrated Caleb's upcoming arrival with our first baby shower. My sister-in-law did an amazing job putting it together. It was great getting to be with family!! As we arrived, I was still in amazement that I was at a baby shower for me and my son.... I didn't think I was ever going to experience this. As I had become content with my life without children, I am very grateful and humbled that it was part of God's plan for me to be Caleb's mom. I just pray that He will mold me and continue to teach me and guide me to be the mother that pleases and honors Him.







This year for our vacation, I knew that I would not feel like going somewhere where there is whole lot to do. So, we decided on going to Boone, NC for rest and relaxation. I must say, this was one of the most relaxing vacations we've been on in awhile. I'm normally one who likes to go, go, go when visiting a new or different place. This year, not so much. We did enjoy the Tanger Outlets, visiting The Blowing Rock, watching a movie, mini- golf, and also naps! After we would be out for a few hours, I would ask Trevor if we could go back to the hotel and rest... ha! But it was enjoyable, slow paced, and I totally feel refreshed to finish some projects before I go back to work. Oh yeah, on this trip, we were also able to visit Elevation Church. It was much different than I'm use to but very worshipful. I really enjoyed it and most importantly, God was speaking to my heart!! I'm thankful that God calls different pastors to plant and lead churches in different ways.Who are we to put down or judge when the Word of God is being preached, lives are being changed, and Jesus Christ is receiving the glory. Our methods may be different, but our goals and mission are the same. I really enjoy visiting and worshiping with other believers in different worship settings, from the country, suburban, and city church. Ok, off my soapbox... lately, this is just something God has been dealing with me about. 





Finally, we've almost got baby boy's room put together... well, we don't have all of the furniture yet but we've finally got the room ready to be able to put these items in. Well, I guess I should give Trevor the credit because, umm, I haven't really done anything except to hang up a few clothes in the closet, and wash the windows. But I've been a really good cheerleader.... heehee! Anyway, so thankful for my man! I'll post pics when we finish setting it up. 

Well, I guess that's it for now.... I only have a little over a week before I go back to work. I've got a few things to cram into these last few days but I honestly can say I'm looking forward to going back to work. I love "back to school" time. 

Be blessed!


1 comment:

  1. we've missed seeing you but so glad you've had a great time away. Our 'babymoon' was a highlight of my time pregnant, so I'm glad y'all were able to get away and enjoy time together! You are going to be a GREAT mom, and I can't wait to see baby Caleb's room!! He's going to be here so soon!!

    ReplyDelete