Monday, October 15, 2012

Waiting, Patiently!

Well, I had every intention of writing a post last month. I actually even had one saved that I never published.... oh, well. Anyway, these past two months have flown by and I would love to be able to introduce my sweet baby boy, but unfortunately, he seems to be very comfortable right where he is. So, we wait... Can I tell you how HARD it has been to wait. I mean, I've been preparing for this little boy for nine months now and I'm completely ready to see his face and hold him in my arms. Should I also mention the years we've prayed for and never really thought this time would come. When the doc said I had made progress and she would like to wait until next Monday to see if he would just come on his own, I was thankful for her wisdom but at the same time my heart sank, "one more week?". As I have been learning to wait, God has reminded me of how my situation relates to the anticipation I should have for his return. Our bags are in the car, the cameras are charged, his room is completely ready, and we've even washed and cleaned out the car! We've done this knowing that any day he could come, so we've made preparations and are ready to go at any minute.  As we've prepared, we continue to do our daily tasks. All this preparation, anticipation that I've put into my son's arrival, do I do the same in my preparation for Christ's return. Am I living my life daily prepared  for His return, knowing that He may come at any minute. Am I filling myself with His word daily, and relying on Him, knowing that any second He may return. Am I preparing myself to be used by Him and allowing Him to guide me to share the gospel with those He puts in my path. It seems through this waiting period God has been speaking to my heart and I'm thankful. I'm thankful that God continues to help me, teach me, and guide me. I know that one day I'll look back and cherish this time God had me to wait. I'm so thankful God's ways are better than my ways. 

As I finished up with my students last week for my maternity leave, I must say I've enjoyed the time I've been able to have with my hubby these past few days. Last week, we celebrated his birthday and tomorrow we'll be celebrating mine. Yes, we're six days apart and I LOVE that! We usually celebrate all week together and this year we were hoping to include our little guy into the celebrations. It's crazy to think that our birthdays will all be in October. Trevor and I use to joke that if we ever did have children we would like their birthday to be in October and the same week as ours, that way we could just extend our celebration. When we found out we were pregnant and that our baby's due date was exactly in between our birthdays, I had to laugh and then be amazed at God's timing. So, who knows, I may get my birthday present tomorrow?! 

Well, I also have to play catch up of what else has happened over the past two months. Yes, I started back to school and I love my group of students this year. They were so sweet to me and made me cards and some even made cards for Caleb. Every morning when we would pray, the students would take turns praying and it was so sweet to hear them pray for me and Caleb. I'm SO thankful that I teach at a school where the students can learn about the power of prayer! Here is a picture of my classroom this year....





My co-workers gave me a surprise shower after work one day. I do believe I shed a few tears. So many of my co-workers have journeyed with us through our desire to have children and have seen how God has worked through the ups and downs. They went in together to buy us the swing we registered for and few other little goodies. They had even called Trevor to come, so I was completely shocked when I saw his cute face enter the room! It was a very special time. My church also gave us a shower. Again, it was lots of fun. I was trying to remember to take it all in and treasure every minute. Some people from the last church we were on staff at also came which made it that more special. Here are some pics from that day....














                                                                                                         


We also completely finished baby boy's room... well, almost. We have one more pic to put up that was made by my friend Anna Ruth, but we're waiting on his arrival so she can finish the date!! But, everything else is done. I LOVE his room. Some days I just go in and sit in the rocker and stare at everything and at night I pick out a book off of the shelf to read to him. I can't wait til he comes and we can actually start putting these sweet little items to use! So here's his room.....








                                     Ok, so I was going for a story book theme in
                                     his room. I framed some old golden books that I
                                     found at the Good Will. I think they turned out cute.
                                    The ABC book from Richard Scarey is one that Trevor
                                    had as a child.


                                     The Poky Little Puppy, which goes along with
                                     the wall hanging my mom put together!


                                 This is his cute, little, jammed packed closet!!!!
                                           And of course, we already have lots 
                                           of books! I'm praying he likes reading 
                                           and books just as much as his mommy does!!



Other random activities over the past few weeks......Trevor and I did make it to the apple orchard this year but we didn't pick apples. We just bought the apples already picked. I've enjoyed several craft shows, yard sales, and fun times with friends, especially our trip to the White Oak Tea Tavern!!! Love that place. 

I feel blessed beyond measure! Although everyday is not perfect and I have my struggles, God is in control and everyday I choose to see the blessings and live in the joy of the Lord!!

Have a blessed week!!




1 comment:

  1. Love this! Thanks for the reminder for us to watch expectantly for our Jesus! and Caleb's room looks great!!! love you guys!

    ReplyDelete