Friday, December 14, 2012

The Best Birthday Present EVER!!

Introducing.... Caleb Warren

Caleb was born on October 18, two days after my 35 birthday! He weighed 7lbs 15oz and was 21 inches long.... be still my heart!!!! :) 
The past two months have been a whirlwind. We survived the first two weeks, which was quite an adjustment. I think the biggest adjustment was learning to live on 3-4 hours a sleep at night, and not consecutively.  If you know me personally, I LOVE my sleep. I wouldn't consider myself a morning person or a night owl. I just like to sleep, take naps, etc. I know this makes me sound lazy :) but I'm really not... I just really enjoy sleep! I'm now use to my new normal and wouldn't change a thing. But...my whole labor experience started off without sleep. I went into labor on Wednesday night the 17th, at 10pm. We waited until 1am to go to the hospital when my contractions were 5-7min. apart. I had dialated 4-5 centimeters. The hospital admitted me and I was finally able to get a room around 3am. While waiting on a room, the nurse wanted me to walk the hallways. Trevor and I walked for a while until I was tired and ready to lay back down. When we went back to the triage room, they had cleaned it up and told me I could go to my room. Unfortunately, they were cleaning the room and I could not go in yet. So, we kept walking. Boy, was I ever glad to lay down. I was able to make it to 7am until I asked for an epidural. Can I just stop and say... thank you Lord for epidurals!! After the doctor broke my water around 9:30am, things really progressed. After pushing for an hour and a half, Caleb was born at 5:08pm. Unfortunately, from the doctors breaking my water, I received an infection that also affected Caleb. I had them lay him on my chest and then we weren't able to see him again until 10pm. The nurses had trouble giving him an IV. So, by the time he came back to the room, I couldn't rest because I just wanted to hold him and stare at him the whole time. We sent him back to the nursery at about 3am for three hours. So, no rest Wednesday night and only 3 hours Thursday night. Needless to say... I was already exhausted when we came home from the hospital. Now that Caleb is almost two months old, he gets up a couple of times a night and easily goes right back to sleep of which I'm very thankful. 



I can't express into words how much I love being Caleb's mommy. He brings so much joy to my heart! He had his first Halloween spent at our friends Scotty and Nancy's house, we spent his first Thanksgiving visiting Trevor's family out of town and survived our first nights stay in a hotel. We're looking forward to his first Christmas and all the memories that will be made. We're also looking forward to our photo session this coming week with a photographer at the Hotel Roanoke. 







Caleb's tree with colored lights, items from the showers, his first ornaments, and some of mommy and daddy's ornaments!


Opening his first present

a Pooh ornament for his tree from Nanny

I'm down to my last few weeks with him before I go back to work. I must say I can't believe how fast time has gone and I'm not exactly super excited about going back to work. I know God has it under control and I just need to rest in him. Until then, I'm savoring everyday and taking time to just sit and hold my little one knowing that this season doesn't last forever.  





1 comment:

  1. love all the pictures! It's crazy to think our babies are both celebrating their first Christmas! :) I'm so glad that I got to see you last week and I'm praying time slows down a little for you last few weeks at home!

    ReplyDelete