Saturday, October 2, 2010

Entering a New Phase of Life

Well, it seems a lot has taken place since my last post. I must admit I knew the month of September was going to be busy but I had no idea how exhausted I would be by the end. September was the start of several things for me . Let's see, the first week of the month the new school year started, children's choir at church began (I assist my husband), we began Financial Peace University at church on Thursday nights, and on Saturdays we began Foster/Parenting training classes from 8-4pm. Now with keeping that consistent schedule each week with school meetings and appointments thrown into the mix... WHEWW... that's a lot to do (especially for me). So, now I'm trying to get back to my "normal" life!

I guess as this month has brought many new exciting things, I wanted to write about the excitment my husband and I have about becoming foster parents. Let me say, first of all, this was not something I nor my husband had origninally planned for our lives. My husband and I have been married for ten and years and have been trying to have children for the past five . As we have dealt with infertility and have heard what the doctors have said, we began to seek God for wisdom and guidance. As I look back, God was always leading and He was always guiding... I just couldn't see it. Over the past several years, God had placed many different people into my life with different stories of being foster parents or foster/ adoptive children. As those seeds were planted, God began to speak to my heart about fostering and adoption. I have always had a love for children and I can look back over my life and see how God had been preparing me for this all along. Although  this may not have been the plan I would have originally chosen, there is nothing else I'd rather do! You see, I believe this is part of God's plan for my life... His purpose for me and I put my faith, hope, and trust in Him.  "For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose." Philippians 2:13. 

Well, it's been a year now since my husband I officially decided that was the direction God was taking us. It has been an exciting journey, one that we're still on. We are looking forward to seeing what God's going to do and excited about meeting that hand-picked child He has for us. We just completed our first step which is attending the six training sessions. It will still be another six months before we are able to get a child. Please pray for us.. we are excited but nervous as well. Pray that God will give us wisdom as we prepare are heart and home for this child.

Blessings,

Mary Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment