Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Summer Fun

The summer, once again, is flying by and here I am again waiting two months since my last post. 

I'm completely enjoying my summer break. I'm trying to take in every second because I know before long the lazy days of summer will be over and school will be back in session. 

So, here is what I've been up to.....

-gardening
                                          not a great pic, but this is when first planted

                                            can't wait to eat these yummies!

-enjoying drying clothes on the line

-bbq/ smores
We bought a new grill since birds inhabited our old one and we've really been enjoying dinners from the grill. We also tried a new kind of smores... peanutbutter cup smores. They are addicting!





-reading lots of interesting books....


-and oh yeah, planning a nursery and our home for the arrival of a baby bOy! Everything is progressing well and I'm down to 13 weeks to go!
We received these cute outfits a couple of days after we found out we were having a boy.



- We also enjoyed spending Father's Day with my parents... 






-scrapbooking,  I'm really behind and trying to catch up before baby boy comes

-We also experienced an awful storm the last week of June that knocked our power out for five days and it just so happened to be the week that we had record breaking temps. Quite an experience that I will never forget but am also thankful for because it reminded me of several things.... 1. That I have much to be thankful for    2. That God is faithful    3. That it's easier to hear from God when all the distractions are removed    4. That I waste a lot of time with some electrical devices   5. that we depend on ourselves many times more than we depend on God       and lastly....    6. so thankful for good neighbors and friends

During this time, Trevor and I cleaned and organized the basement which made this nesting momma feel great! We also had a generator that kept our refrigerator running and we didn't loose any food, except a few things from our deep freeze that should have been thrown away anyway. And ya know that said grill we bought a month ago? Well, it came in handy when cooking for meals. One morning, Trevor even made bacon and eggs with it. Although this was a difficult time, not just for me but for so many people, I realize how much my joy and contentment doesn't come from things or even electricity but from the Lord. It will definitely be a story to tell our son in years to come!!

-This past week, I was also excited to get a day with my mom. We enjoyed tea together, shopping and a nice lunch out. We were able to do some thrift shopping, which I LOVE to do. Some things I purchased.... 

some books.. I'm always a sucker for books
maternity pants that I can wear when I go back to work
a cute purse for the fall 
some printer paper that looks like a scrolI which I can use at school 

I spent a whopping $8!! Whoo hoo, that makes this girl happy!


Well, this coming week I'll be traveling to have more fun times with my parents while Trevor is out of town. Looking forward to many more memories made this summer!






No comments:

Post a Comment