Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Blessed

Can you believe there is only about a week left in this month?! I guess I anticipate this time of year so much that it seems to come and go so quickly. Today was my last day of work for the week. We had a Thanksgiving chapel this morning and my students made me proud!! They quoted a Bible verse and recited a poem. They dressed up as pilgrims and Indians.... they were so cute and did an awesome job! I am SO thankful for my job! 


Speaking of being thankful.... my heart is full today! As this is Thanksgiving week, I have been really thinking about how blessed I am. Okay, so this sounds like I'm not thankful any other time, but I am, it's just that this time of year really helps me to stop and focus on the goodness of God. How he even cares about the little things in my life and how he knows me even better than I know myself. I am so thankful I serve a living God who is constantly with me and helping in this journey of life. 




              Shout to the Lord, all the earth, Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. 
              Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. - Psalm 100




This Thanksgiving I'm very thankful that I'm able to spend time with my family and enjoy all the wonderful, yummy food that my mom will be cookin' up! I'll be bringing the pumpkin roll, again! That seems to be my job every thanksgiving... not that I mind because I think I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Hopefully, I'll be helping mom out in the kitchen when we get there. Oh, and the shopping.... I always go shopping the day after Thanksgiving. When Trevor and I got married, we decided it was easier to alternate Thanksgiving and Christmas every year with our families. So, this year I get to shop with my mom. And yes, we get up early and are usually ready for lunch by 9am.... heehee. I'm also hoping to get my family to play some board games on Friday, after the shopping of course.... oh, and the nap and dinner.  Ok, so we'll see. But mom if you're reading this.... pull the games out and dad  - chinese checkers... although you're usually the only one who can beat me (heehee)! I'm also looking forward to a little getaway with my honey tomorrow. I'm SO excited!! 


I hope that you enjoy your Thanksgiving and remember to cherish the special times that God blesses you with your loved ones. Treasure the memories and  maybe even start a new tradition. Also remember those who are less fortunate, and be a blessing to someone else. Share the love of Christ with someone by sending them a card, inviting them to your Thanksgiving dinner, or taking dinner to them. Pray and ask God how He would have you reach out to your neighbors or those who are hurting. 


Well, I'll leave you with my pumpkin roll recipe. It's very easy and delicious! I'll have to show you a picture next time.... I'm not making it until later tonight..


Pumpkin Roll

ingredients:
3 eggs, beaten
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 C. pumpkin
1 C. sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp ginger
3/4 C. all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. nutmeg


Beat eggs till frothy. Gradually add sugar and lemon juice. Add pumpkin. Combine flour, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Mix until well blended and add to pumpkin mixture. Spread on a 15x10 waxed paper lined jelly roll pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 15min. Turn onto dish towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. Roll up and cool.

Icing:
6oz. cream cheese
2C. powdered sugar
4 tbs of soft margarine
1 tsp. vanilla

Beat until smooth. Unroll bread, spread with filling and reroll.
Refrigerate.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment