Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Apples and Pumpkins and Happy Birthday!

This past weekend, as a b-day present, Trevor took me to the Apple Barn to pick apples. When we got there, we found out it was the last wekend of the season and most of the apples that were left were higher up in the tree. No problem for us, we just grabbed one of the step ladders and picked the best apples we could reach.






We picked Rome, Winesap, and Golden Delicious and enjoyed eating a few along the way. We ended up picking 24lbs of apples.











From the Apple Barn, we went to Ikenberry's fall festival. We bought a pumpkin and mini hay bales and finished our time out by eating at the Three Little Pigs. Yumo!







When we came home, I decorated my front porch and began coming up with plans for cooking all those apples! I ended up baking two loaves of apple bread and an apple crumb pie.








I hope to make applesauce, fried apples, and applebutter. We shall see...
I'll share the recipes on my next post and let ya know how it goes. It was a GrEAt weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment